Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In the name of Cricket

June 17th, early in the morning I woke up with my mobile message tone. Obviously the sms was from my junior. It read..
What do you think about india’s debacle in T20 world cup?
a) Fatigue on account of IPL.
b) Poor Captionship.(captainship!!)
c) Poor batting.
Say only one most valid reason.
.
That’s when I realized Indian team has lost their 3rd super 8s match too. I didn’t watch other two matches either but that doesn’t mean I hate cricket. Being an Indian if I say here that “I’m a great cricket fan” it wud be like a sardar saying “I like tandoori chicken”(my national bird too is tandoori chicken). But there’s difference being a cricket fan and a ‘dumb cricket fan’.
To start with, is T20 a sport?? Isn’t it just a hit or miss game!!

I could watch a whole five day test match or a one day match staying up late night, that’s where the real fun is. Waiting for the rare wicket, watch people work hard for every single run, boundary or wicket.

And IPL.. its just too much of T20 for me.. Its like getting nauseated by eating a whole box of swiss chocolates(bought from local duty paid shop) gifted by a friend who has returned from US on site(he..he.. :D), simply too much in a short time schedule. Obviously it is impossible for a human body to endure such treatment. I wud say IPL is the ugliest form of cricket. Guess wat! Next IPL schedule too comes right between important international matches.
.
I replied to my junior:
“I don’t like T20, i dont watch it”

He: “I like all about cricket” !!!

2 comments:

  1. Lol !! Watching a guy like Dravid sweat himself off is way too funny than watching Chris gayle crack Brett lee up :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know change is inevitable but for me its just too much of T20.. over the time even u might get bored with it, championships every year!! tats moronic..
    and yeah 'gayle force' is scintillating in any form of game.. :)

    ReplyDelete